Monday, March 13, 2006

One Year Earlier, Part 8

Right. So I know that these posts are pointless, but I have so much fun doing them that I just have to keep going until I get to the end. Almost there!

39. Whodunnit?: The Question will put Montoya's detective skills to the test with a mystery that ends up taking a year to solve.

I really, really, love mysteries. I've read every Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot story there is. (and if you even know who Hercule Poirot is, then you love mysteries too!)

So anyway; a year long mystery to be solved by Montoya and the Question? Hell, I'd buy the book if that were all it had in it.

40. Changing the Future: Booster Gold and his sidekick Skeets will attempt to use their knowledge of the past from to prevent major disasters before they happen. Will they succeed, or destroy the timestream in the process?

Gee, I don't know. So the fate of the timestream is in Booster Gold's hands?

We're screwed.

In all honestly, science fiction has taught us nothing if it hasn't taught us that trying to change the future is not a good idea. And since Booster's very presence in the past shows that he doesn't get that, I think we'll be seeing some seriously bad occurences...

41. JLA = S.E.X.: Two former Justice Leaguers you would NOT expect will bump uglies by year's end. Awk-ward!

Oh, Wizard *shakes head*. Your eloquence is unmatched in this space-time continuum.

Seriously, though; that teaser is so idiotic that I can't even think of what to say. Move along.

42. Who's Who: Each issue of 52 contains a two-page origin story on one of the DCU's heroes or villains, as written and drawn by top industry talent. Get caught up!

That top industry talent? I think it's Dan Jurgens. (are these the back-ups they talk about?) If it is Jurgens, then I for one am pleased. I know that some do not like his work. But me? I think his stuff is aces (but then, I like most of Byrne's stuff too, so some would disqualify me).

Regardless of who's doing it, I always love origin stories. So fifty-two of them should be a lot of fun.

43. Crossing Over: A well-established character with a lot of history will make their first appearance in the DCU.

I knew that DC was going to be publishing new stories about Will Eisner's The Spirit. But I didn't know that they were going to be set in the DCU. I'm not sure if that's a good idea. But then, it is Darwyn Cooke. And New Frontier was awesome (despite the over the top Hal-worshipping).

44. Not That There's Anything Wrong With That: A new gay character will make their first appearance in 52 before moving on to their own ongoing series.

The new gay character is the afore mentioned lover of Montoya's who will have an impact on the DCU. She is a post-Crisis Kathy Kane and will star in a Batwoman series to be written by Devin Grayson. You heard it here first. (unless of course you heard it somewhere else first...)

Two more installments to go!

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Ha! I know who Hercule Poirot is because my FATHER loves Mystery on PBS! Ha, ha!

Ok, I also enjoy mysteries. Happy?

And would someone punhc Booster hard enough to remind him he's Booster Gold and shouldn't attempt stuf like that?

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

I figure Booster got the idea of changing history for the better by watching historical documentaries like Back to the Future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home