Friday, March 03, 2006

A Terrifying Vision of Things to Come?

Let me start off by saying that this post includes minor spoilers for Infinite Crisis #5 and Superman OYL. Let me also say that it's probably all in my imagination. But then again, I'm not convinced that anything we see from DC these days is a coincidence. But I'll let you judge the level of my insanity.

Exhibit A; an Earth-2 panel from Infinite Crisis #5. We clearly see the Daily Star on the right. But that's not what I noticed. Examine the foreground closely:


Look at the pretzel cart. Look at the pretzel cart. Do you see it?

Now I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I've finally gone off the deep end. Ol' Diamondrock's finally gone Polaris. But before you condemn me to Arkham, take a look at Exhibit B; a page from Superman #650, the first OYL Superman title:


Do you see? Do you see? To top it off, Superman #650 opens with a retrospective that claims Superman first appeared sixty-eight years ago.

Now tell me: I am I crazy, or merely insane?

3 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger kalinara said...

Well, he looks and acts like our Superman...maybe he's merged like Katar and Carter were. :-) Cool.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Sure looked like they were merging in Adventure of Superman #649 - the introspective dialogue was merging the entire comic at least.

I figured they'd merge them anyway. Supes2 sees the big picture without the small stuff and Supes1 sees the small stuff and skips the big picture - merged they have a more balanced view of their role in the world, makes sense in its own way.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jepoy said...

Finally, someone who also saw what I observed. I even started a PRETZEL thread on the DC Boards. I think we're on to something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home