Friday, July 07, 2006

Some Thoughts

I haven't posted in quite awhile... That can be attributed to the fact that this is my vacation, and I'm spending it in America. So my four readers can take note that posting will be light this next week as well.

But before I go, I have some random thoughts about 52:

1. Despite being a child prodigy, Natasha Irons is apparently very, very stupid. I mean honestly... She's spent time hanging out with Superman for God's sake. She should know that you never, ever trust Lex Luthor.

What the hell is wrong with that girl? I suppose it could be attributed to the current trend in DC Comics of having young females act wildly out of character. (Cassandra Cain, anyone?)

2. I really don't like Renee Montoya. I mean I really, really don't. And I honestly have no idea why. I mean, she was fine in Gotham Central (though she was never my favorite character). But in 52 there's just something off about her.

And that's making things very difficult for this fan of the Question. The Montoya storyline is so intertwined with the Question storyline that Vic Sage can't just show up and be badass -- he has to babysit Montoya while he's doing it.

3. Okay, was that really supposed to be freakin' Egg Fu in 52, Week Six? I'll admit that that flew right by me. But apparently a bunch of people think that that's exactly what the weird dome thing watching T. O. Morrow was (and then there's the terrifing fact that Morrow was eating an egg at the time).

If this is true then I may consider possibly taking under advisement the chance that I might forgive them for what they seem to have done to Cassandra Cain.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Well, I didn't read Cataclysm, but I know she had a really weird relationship going on with Harvey Dent for awhile...

And yeah, Montoya was "revealed" to be a lesbian in Gotham Central and 52 Week 9 sucked.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your archives, and it occurs to me that you have missed a key part of Natasha Irons character... She is a teenager. The number of teens that do absolutely stupid things, even while knowing that they are completely idiotic boggles my mind, and I'm a teacher.
My theory:
If Natasha stopped to think about what she is doing she would turn 180 degrees almost immediately, but shes too pissed to do that right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home