Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Give the People What they Want!

Where's my Super-Chief?

It wasn't that long that I was lamenting the loss of Super-Chief. But I didn't let myself despair. Because the writers and editors of 52 swore that we hadn't seen the last of the Manitou Stone.

But earlier this week, while glancing at a gallery of 52 covers, it all came back to me. We haven't seen the Manitou Stone or Super-Chief since that fateful day. And I, for one, am pissed.

C'mon, DC. How can you let such a great character concept slip through your fingers? That brilliant costume! Those cool powers! ("The speed of a thousand deer... The strength of a thousand bears!") How can you just let him disappear, never to be seen again?

I won't stand for it, DC! Am I the only one who wants to see the fantastic Super-Chief again? Don't tell me I'm the only one. Don't let me be alone in this.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I hate to burst your bubble,but yes...I think you are alone in this.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Tom Foss said...

I want more Super-Chief, if only to justify his appearance in 52 in the first place.

Maybe Ralph Dibny can help resurrect him or something.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Bite your tongue, Sally!

I loved Super-Chief and was very disappointed he was brought back only to be killed.

Not only do I want him back, I want to replace frikkin Geo-Force in the JLA.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

I'm vaguely recalling a cartoon in the 80s with a guy with those kinds of powers. I think it was called Lone Star. Native American Texas Ranger. In space. With magic animal powers...

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Morrison interview up at newsarama indicates that he wanted to bring him back in issue #52. -alex p

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy is pretty awesome now, that guy's a Super-Chief! The kind of guy you read about, in DC magazines! That guy is pretty cool now, that guy's a Super-Chief! I really like to see him, every time I read! He's all right, he's all right, that guy's all right with me! Yeah!

.......

I have no idea what brought that on.

Regardless, I do support the return of Super-Chief, simply because I don't think there are enough superheroes who wear magic buffalo hats.

Also, aside to lurkerwithout: Brave Starr is what you're thinking of.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

He smothered his own Grandfather!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Derek said...

With love, Sally.

He smothered his own grandfather with love.

... and a pillow.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Brave Starr! Yeah, that was the dude...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home