Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chaos and Destruction!

The current state of comics distresses me. There exists a constant, unending stream of crossovers, events, and crises -- each more final than the last. Oh, how I long for the days when I stylishly dressed supervillain outwitting Hal Jordan was all it took to sell comic books...

But those were simpler times. Despite my distaste for non-magnetism related events, it is the way that comics are. And will continue to be. And though I may complain, you are not allowed. You see, I do not actually pay for any comic books. Why would I deign to do so when it is simple enough to seize what I desire from weak willed fools? The staples in comics are metal, after all.

But you! Despite your constant wailing and gnashing of teeth you continue to shell out your hard-earned (or ill-gotten) cash for these events! Whether it be World War III or World War Hulk, you will buy it. Because you are a sniveling fanboy who cannot bear to have an empty space in your precious long box! (my apologies to the lovely ladies in the audience who are neither fanboys nor sniveling)

Fools! Show some spine, as I do! Demand not with your voice or poorly typed message board post! Demand with fists of iron and weapons of doom!

And your wallet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, you're SUCH a sweet talker! I don't really care that much about World War Hulk, although it WOULD be fun to see Iron Man torn in two.

Your rematch with Hal Jordan is LONG overdue.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

You've got the right idea, Doc.

I did buy the first issue of WWHulk, but now that I've seen Tony Stark get whupped I don't really need to read any further.

I'm satisfied.

And I also miss the days when you stylishly matched wits with Hal Jordan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home