Saturday, June 16, 2007

Geekstravaganza

Everyone who knows me knows that it doesn't take much to make me get all giddy like a schoolboy. I'm easily excitable. I'm told some people find it charming...

That being said, can you imagine how I react when convention season rolls around? When I start seeing stuff like this? There is so much there that just makes me happy happy happy. Beautiful covers, wonderful teases... It's such fun! I think I'll talk about a few things that I really liked.

This cover really made me smile. When I heard that Dinah and Ollie were getting married, I had my doubts. "She's too good for him," I said. I still think that's true. Fortunately, Ollie seems to agree with that assessment. Which means it just might work. And if that cover is any indication, well... I hope they have a long, happy life together.

And this cover means more Freedom Fighters! Which means more Uncle Sam! Uncle Sam kicks ass. Don't let anyone tell you different.

As for this cover, well... It's just really nice. I mean, I'm not usually a fan of Churchill's art, but that turned out very nice. I love seeing all the villains together. But who's the blacked out guy on the right side of the image?

There's more than just cool covers, of course. There's the news that Mark Waid is returning to The Flash. And the hints that, yes, Barry Allen will be coming back. As a fan of pseudo-scientific crime scene investigation I'm okay with that.

And Cassandra Cain will be showing up soon! Though that's probably not such a good thing...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I LOVE that cover with Ollie and Dinah. It's just so darned...cute!
While Ian Churchill has been enraging me lately, I must admit that the all-Villains cover is quite amazing.

I am so enraptured by the thought of Barry returning that I could plotz.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Why is Dinah wearing her wig? She's not in costume...

Hey its Tommy! He survived the end of Hitman?

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the blacked-out guy on the cover Shadow Thief?

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Yes, that is the Shadow Thief.

The real question is,

who is the guy behind Mammoth and the Toyman?

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bigger question is, how are half these guys allowed to walk around free?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home