Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacation's End

I, Doctor Polaris, have returned!

I will spare you the astonishing stories of my vacation... For now. Instead, I wish to discuss the recent October solicitations for DC Comics.

Behold! Blue Beetle #32:
BLUE BEETLE #32
Written by Matthew Sturges
Art and cover by Rafael Albuquerque
The man behind all the recent mayhem comes out of the Super-Villain closet. Meet the new Doctor Polaris and find out what else he has in store for Blue Beetle!
On sale October 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
It would appear that someone -- perhaps myself -- has come out of the "Super-Villain Closet." I do not know where this closet is located. Though I imagine that in addition to storing incognito super-villains and their costumes, it also stores copious quantities of gimicky weapons. (razor boomerangs, umbrella machine guns, etc.)

But I digress. The important point here is that come October Doctor Polaris is featured on the cover of a major comic book. This, gentle readers, is cause for celebration. Let the word ring forth from this time and place: Polaris is pleased.

But know also that I will be considerably less pleased if it is revealed that the "new" Doctor Polaris is not another of my personalities, awakened during alcohol-induced blackouts.

Admittedly, that doesn't happen often. But it does happen on occasion, and I did spend some time in Mexico on my vacation. Perhaps tequila explains my appearance in Blue Beetle...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the REAL Doctor Polaris will be making an appearance, and not some trumped-up imposter.

If it IS you, please go easy on the new Blue Beetle however. He's really a very nice boy.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger daniel john said...

I'm going to work on it...I'll see if I can come up with something... This is really fun.

Term papers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home