Tuesday, December 21, 2010

March 2011 Solicitations

And here I thought since there's a holiday this coming weekend there wouldn't be any comic news to talk about. Luckily, the March solicitations are out!

First of all: Azrael got cancelled. I think we all knew that was coming. I'm just surprised it took so long. I'm sure my co-blogger will have more to say about that later in the week. Now on with the show!
GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS #8
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by FERNANDO PASARIN & CAM SMITH
Cover by FELIPE MASSAFERA
1:10 Variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM & BATT
In “War of the Green Lanterns” part 3, it’s the main event! Guy Gardner vs. Hal Jordan – winner take all!
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale MARCH 30 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
"War of the Green Lanterns," huh? I think I remember hearing about that, but DC doesn't seem to be pushing it the same way they did with Blackest Night and Brightest Day. I will say this, though: if anyone is going to win a war between the Green Lanterns of Earth it's going to be this Guy:

Hal Jordan doesn't stand a chance.
XOMBI #1
Written by JOHN ROZUM
Art and cover by FRAZER IRVING
1:10 Variant cover by BRENDAN MCCARTHY
You can’t keep a good XOMBI down! The immortal David Kim – kept “alive” by nanotech enhancements – returns to the DC Universe in a new ongoing series! Creator John Rozum and hot BATMAN AND ROBIN artist Frazer Irving team up to deliver the finest in contemporary urban horror – with a Super Hero twist! As an undying, unchanging Xombi, David Kim must watch the world consume itself and burn while humanity grows more distant from each other due to the rise of technology. What would a Xombi do just to feel change again? And where will he ever be able to find a kindred soul?
On sale MARCH 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
I've expressed my love of the previous XOMBI before. I can't say much more than that here. But I do want to urge everyone who has a few extra bucks to at least try XOMBI #1. I really don't want this book to be canceled early. I want it to get at least two years. Maybe more. Give it a shot!
BIRDS OF PREY #10
Written by GAIL SIMONE
Art by INAKI MIRANDA
Cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
This is it! The astonishing conclusion to “The Death of Oracle,” featuring nearly everyone whose life has been touched by Oracle – villain and hero! How will the DCU operate without its premier infojock, and how will this event affect the Birds of Prey? All this, plus a fan-favorite operative works with the Birds for the first time ever!
On sale MARCH 9 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Okay, a few things: what is Barbara wearing? Could the "fan-favorite" be one of my favorites? And what exactly is Gail Simone planning with this book? When Birds of Prey came back I expected it to be pretty similar to what came before. But it hasn't been. It's been different, in a good way. And if Cassandra Cain shows up? All the better.
ACTION COMICS #899
Written by PAUL CORNELL
Art by PETE WOODS
Cover by DAVID FINCH & BATT
Lex Luthor has left no stone unturned in his quest for the Black Lantern energy, but he’s not the only one searching for it – Brainiac wants the energy and the knowledge it offers all to himself. Trust us, this is gonna be the most vicious Luthor/Brainiac team-up ever. It all sets the stage for both a conclusion and a beginning in next month’s historic ACTION COMICS #900, featuring the return of you-know-who…
On sale MARCH 30 • 32 pg, FC $2.99 US
Is this the end for the greatest villain of them all? If this is the end of Lex Luthor's story in Action I'll be okay with that. But honestly? I want the April solicitations to offer up Lex Luthor #1 written by Paul Cornell. Make it happen, DC.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I WANT Guy to win! Hal always beats him, and it's so...so unfair! He's DUE, dammit!

I must admit that it would be very nice to see Cassandra again. It's been a while, and although I'm not a huge Cass fan, I still do like her. And she's gotten the short end of the stick for far too long.

A Lex book would be a lot of fun.

Poor Azrael. But I think we all knew that this day was coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home