Sunday, December 26, 2010

Vindication

I had a delightful Christmas, and one of my the big gifts I received is the fantastic DC Comics: Year by Year, a "visual chronicle" that covers the entire seventy-five year history of DC Comics.

It's a beautiful book, and I'm slowly making my way through DC's history and learning something along the way. In the process I've come across something that will make somebody very happy.

I had just reached the entry for November, 1955 where Detective Comics #225 is discussed. The key point about Detective #225 is that it features the first appearance of Martian Manhunter. While reading the entry my mouth dropped open at these words:

"Now stuck on Earth, J'onn observed the culture and created the identity of John Jones, a crime fighter and investigator in Apex City."

The existence of an Apex City has previously been proposed. But now we have confirmation from an official DC publications proving that Martian Manhunter really did reside in Apex City.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I was thinking, "So? That's where he li---oh wait!"

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

I am uncharacteristically speechless.

Thank for this gift!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Hey...

would you mind scanning that in for me? I'd like a copy.

That I can blow to about the size of my sofa and have framed and hung on my wall.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I'll happily scan it for you. But I'll need your email address... I tried sending this info to an old email of yours and it didn't go through.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Diamondrock...are you sure that your last name isn't Dibny? That's fantastic!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home