Saturday, June 02, 2007

Family Ties

I have been observing the new Justice Society of America with interest. Believe it or not, I, Doctor Polaris, have a family connection to this iteration of the Justice Society. You see, Damage -- also known as Grant Emerson -- is my nephew.

Surprised that I'm a relative of a super-hero? True, Grant is not related to me by blood. But he was adopted and raised by my pathetic brother and his shrewish wife. I saw the boy often when he was just a lad. His family life was not ideal. It would be an understatement to say that my brother was not well-suited to being a father.

As such, I tried to do right by the boy as best I could. I would often try to interest Grant in the workings of magnetism and the phenomenal power inherent within! But at that time the boy was not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm sad to say that that hasn't changed.

More recently -- after the unpleasantness of the most recent Crisis -- I tried to convince Grant to join the side of villainy. After all, he's become a broody loner. And he's been physically deformed. Those are traits usually found on my side of the aisle.

But the boy continues to hold on to his "conscience." Bah! If only he were as interested in physics as he is in being a super-hero! Stupid JSA. Always snatching up the kids before we can get to them...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Which brings up an interesting point. Why is it that the heroes are the ones with the sidekicks? Wouldn't the villains also be interested in passing on their legacies and so on? ARE there any villains with youthful sidekicks?

Does Dr. Polaris have room for...Magnet Boy?

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Didn't you try to kill him along with the rest of the Freedom Fighters?

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Er, well, yes. But that's my job, you see. I'm a super-villain.

Is it my fault that my dear nephew was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home