Wednesday, July 30, 2008

JSA Annual

Now, I know I said I wasn't going to read this. But I was far too intrigued to not pick the book up and give it a try. And woo boy if I haven't turned out to be real pleased.

I just want to thank Geoff Johns for -- once again -- taking one of the things I hate about DC Comics (though there aren't many) and doing something cool with it. Geoff Johns takes that multiverse I can't stand sometimes and tells a story that starts out exactly as you think it's going to.

But then he turns the damn thing on its head. Gives us a violent twist that's positively "mwahaha" worthy. I know I felt a bit of a maniacal laugh rising up in me.

"Escape From Earth-2"? That's exactly the sort of story I want to read. I know I'd never want to be stuck there...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That WAS an interesting twist at the end, wasn't it? And I LOVED that two-page spread by Dale Eaglesham at the back of the book. Fabulous and hilarious at the same time.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Yes, it was an interesting twist. Like much of what GJ doesn't, you think "I should have expected that" when it happens although you NEVER expect it... .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home