Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Blue Beetle

I was musing today over the possible origins of the mysterious Blue Beetle Scarab. It's one of those things in comics that has never really had an explanation behind it. But it looks like they're building one. And I think I know what it is.

Consider the evidence. Thusfar we know for certain that the Scarab is magical. And yet, it exhibits technological properties. The Scarab seems to be a mixture of magic and technology. That's one clue.

The bigger question is: what's the deal with the Green Lanterns? We've seen that the Scarab causes both extreme hate and fear in the Champions of Oa and their rings. And the Scarab doesn't seem to like the Lanterns either.

So review: magic/tech with a highly adversarial relationship to the Green Lantern Corps.

Sounds like The Empire of Tears to me.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger Ragnell said...

You just got my hopes up, man. I have been dying to see these villains in action.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

That would indeed make an awesome story. Hope it pans out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home