Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Up and Coming

I do not care what Dan DiDio says. There I am, right on the cover of Gotham Underground #8 And it is well known that Dan DiDio lies sometimes.

You all know -- perhaps better than I -- that in this day and age of the Internet it is difficult to keep secrets. Especially since comic fans desperately wish to find out any and all information they can about everything. Thus, the best way to hide a secret, surprising resurrection scene is by lying about it!

Imagine: you pick up Gotham Underground #8 and begin reading it. You expect Spoiler, the Penguin, and Batman vs. Vigilante because the solicitation tells you to. But despite my image being on the cover, you don't expect me to show up. Because Dan DiDio told you not to.

And then you get to the last page... The cliffhanger. Who do you think appears? Why, it's none other than Azrael! And you are surprised (hopefully pleasantly so) because you did not expect it.

Then I will be happy because I'm back in the comics. And you will all be happy because you can once again read about my adventures! Right? Right?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'd love to see you back Azrael. But the thing is many of us are worried you'll bring the same old stick about seeing visions of St Dumas and your papa, then big bad Daddy Batman will have to spank and so your return will be too short lived. Just saying, you need a new gag, crazy works, but not vision crazy. (Look what it got that Manhunter...)

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Patrick C said...

You know, I am sick and tired of DC Comics, especially Didio and Geoff Johns pretending that the 90s did not exist. I for one loved the 90s over-the-topness. Bring back Azrael!

(I also enjoyed the Bloodlines crossover and the New Bloods. I even bought Blood Pack back when that came out. And I apologize for none of it!)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Azrael said...

Look, I only have terrifying, haunting, supernatural visions about once or twice a week these days. That's controllable? They've got medication for that kind of thing, right?

And I thank you, patrick c, for your support of my cause. My Saint Dumas watch over you.

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just saying the visions have gotta go. You can still be crazy and 90's violento-rific...

Frankly I'd enjoy seeing you back... I for one liked you in Knightfall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home