Sunday, June 01, 2008

Redemption

It's been a long time since I last talked about Cassandra Cain and Batgirl here on the blog. Seems like that was all I talked about back in the day. I guess part of the problem is that she's been so gone from anywhere but Outsiders But hey, there's been a lot of news about her lately!

There's news about Adam Beechen and Jim Calafiore's Batgirl miniserieshere. I also stumbled onto an older interview with Beechen here I read the interview with a skeptical eye, but well... I've got to say that I'm actually excited.

Yes, I know. Coming from me that sounds mighty strange. But in all honesty, I've liked most of Adam Beechen's work. And I always put more of the blame for the "Evil Cass" era on editorial. Adam Beechen genuinely seems to like the character, and a lot of what he's got planned for the miniseries sounds exciting to me.

I may be about Cassandra's "Redemption Road," but I think Adam Beechen's trying to redeem himself in the eyes of Batgirl fans as well. I for one am willing to give him a chance.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Derek said...

You know, that's what I like about you: your optimism.

Heck, I guess I'll check it out too.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you heard about the Gotham Knights dvd. according to the website their is a character called Cassandra voiced by the girl from ER and Bend it Like Beckham. Parminda Nagra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home