Monday, October 27, 2008

A Hazardous Thought

Who all is going to end up as Black Lanterns? Is it just going to be dead super-heroes? Or is it going to be anyone who's dead in the DCU?

I ask because there are clearly a lot of dead characters running around in the DC Universe. Sure, characters like Blue Beetle and The Rolling Head of Pantha seem to be givens. But are we going to see Thomas and Martha Wayne flying around with black rings? How about Pa Kent? That would be pretty tasteless...

What about real historical figures? There are a lot of dead people in a lot of places on the world. And heck, other worlds as well. But really, I'm mostly worried about our world. Specifically, politicians. I mean, can you imagine anything more terrifying that Richard Nixon, Black Lantern?

Me neither...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

I was thinking that they would take the recently dead. Which could mean Doctor Light! Other than that, I hope they stay away from supporting characters. Stick to good ones like KGBeast or heck I can't keep track of who's alive or dead anymore.

Peter Tomasi wrote a story about dead heroes/villains graves being robbed in Nightwing, and he writes Green Lantern Corps. Wonder if they'll connect.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm starting to get the impression that there are going to be a whole lot of dead Lanterns that are going to show up.

On the other hand, the thought of a dead Nixon being a Black Lantern is now giving me nightmares.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would consider KGBeast Black Lantern a "good one."

And speaking of Doctor Light, you think we'll be seeing Sue and Ralph? That'd be awfully weird...

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Well, if it's anything like the LAST time the Green Lanterns faced a bunch of undead lanterns, it will be EVERY dead person in the DCU. THAT could be nothing short of AWESOME.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

I hadn't thought about the Rolling Head of Pantha with a power ring.

Now I can't think of anything else...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home