Friday, October 24, 2008

M. B. A.?!

I am incensed. I am enraged. Until a few short days ago I was not entirely sure whether or not I -- Doctor Polaris -- had been replaced. But Blue Beetle #32 has revealed a shameful truth: I have been replaced... By an M. B. A.

It was shameful to discover that one with no medical degree -- nor PhD -- has deigned to christen himself "Doctor Polaris." Know this John Nichol. I may be insane, but never have I been weak. Perhaps I did not spend my time at the "frat" performing "keg-stands" with the other "business" majors. I was too busy earning my M. D. and learning the awesome secrets of magnetism!

Where would you be, Mister Polaris, had you not purchased my best-selling The Law of Attraction or attended my award-winning seminar Health Via Magnetism? You would still be nothing. A pathetic boardroom lackey sniveling to his corporate bosses.

I am no kindred spirit of yours! I am your better in every way. One does not pursue magnetism for profit. One does not engage in crime to make money. Super-villainy is about far, far more than simply taking people's money and hitting Hal Jordan over the head. It is about panache. It is about style.

And from what I've seen of your beard, you are sorely lacking it that.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Aren't you being a little hard on your successor, Doc? He seems to have quite a bit of style if you ask me. I mean, "Viking of the modern age, guided only by the pole star"?

Sounds like something you'd say...

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Super-villainy is about far, far more than simply taking people's money and hitting Hal Jordan over the head."

Yeah, but hitting Hal Jordan over the head is still a significant part of the job, right? I'm just wondering because I was thinking of going into a career in supervillainy myself, but I don't think I would bother without some promise of good old fashioned Hal-bashing.

-Phil--er ah, Lord Redshift, Master of the Cosmic Fire

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Yes, it is one of the most rewarding parts of the job. But one needs to go about these things delicately. I wish you luck in your new career.

And hmph... I suppose my successor does evince some degree of style. But his beard is still utterly ludicrous.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ahhhhh...I read this poseur's scurrilious screed, and wondered if the REAL Doctor Polaris would discover it as well. I shouldn't have worried.

As a greedy businessman, he is indeed a villain, but reading a book and growing a scruffy beard does not a SUPER villain make. He does indeed lack your panache.

And your gorgeous hair.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Truer words have never been spoken. Even when one's face is hidden behind a mysterious mask one must take pride in one's appearance...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

I was worried you were going to get beat up by some teenager and his alien bug, but now I'm happy 'cause its just another post-IC "legacy" poseur villain...

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

It could be worse. He could have a B.S. in Underwater Fire Prevention, after all. ;-)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Haw!

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess who has returned. It is I, the real Dr. Polaris. I was appalled to discover that you still insist on using my name to hide your true, sniveling self. Why would the great Dr. Polaris, lower himself to blogging to the public? And now I also have to deal with this "John Nichol" as well? When will the world learn not to mock me? But I digress, discontinue use of my identity immediately!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home