Wednesday, October 08, 2008

An Open Letter

To: Geoff Johns

Re: Action Comics #870

Dear Mr. Johns,

Was that really necessary? Did it serve any purpose other than to continue the obsession people at DC seem to have with the decidedly mediocre Richard Donner Superman: The Movie?

I question the decision as it doesn't really seem to bring anything but unneeded pathos to the character of Superman. I mean, that story has already been done. Probably a half dozen times, maybe more. The Braniac elements of this Action arc have been very inventive. Your little surprise was not.

And I use the term "surprise" loosely. Did you think anybody was going to be surprised or shocked? Everybody who looked at the last few Action covers knew this was coming. I hoped it was a fakeout, but no, it seems that it wasn't. Nor was it particularly clever or genuinely shocking. There was nothing there.

Basicially, I'm a little bit disappointed. Sure, you sometimes telegraph your moves, but never this blatantly. I usually find myself at least somewhat surprised by your patented twists. Maybe I still will be.

But I doubt it.

Sincerely,

Me

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Thank god Sean McKeever wasn't writing ACTION. If he had, Pa Kent would have had his throat ripped out by Krypto the Superdog instead.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger JOHNNY ZITO said...

I suppose this allows for Ma to whittle away her last years alone on the farm?

What are they gonna do with her now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home