Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The "Brave" and the "Bold"

Many have informed me that a "Doctor Polaris" made an appearance on Batman: The Brave and the Bold. This was already known to me, as I spend much time each day googling my own name.

I watched eagerly and was mildly disappointed to find my animated doppelganger had very little screen time. My thoughts are thus:

Pros: My entry into the stage was glorious. nothing could be more impressive than magnetically blowing a door off of its hinges. I routinely enter and exit buildings in this fashion.

Additionally, the dialogue was more than suitable. "Fools," I said. "Your bullets are useless against my awesome power to repel." That sounds exactly like something I would say.

Cons: Gold is not magnetic! If those has been blocks of steel that scene would have been plausible and likely. But gold is not magnetic!

Also, I would never wear a helmet that hides my hair. It deserves to be free so that it may be tousled by the wind.

Gold is not magnetic!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly the Doctor Polaris of Brave and the Bold has become even more powerful than ever before!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Hmm... I suppose it is that, or the foolish writer failed 8th grade science...

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Obviously the Treasury Dept. has been reduced to using iron bars simply painted gold as our economy crumbles. You cannot be blamed for not noticing this in the heat of the moment.

I have noticed on "The Brave & the Bold" show, that there is a short "teaser" portion, followed by the main story, and that characters that appeared in the teaser portion quite often show up in a later show in the main section! It is to be hoped that they will have your hair waving freely in the wind upon your subsequent appearances.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, maybe you'll even get to hit Hal Jordan in the head in a future B&B episode!

Hal's gotta have a plate in his head by now. Does that make his head magnetic?

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Gold is, for most intents and purposes, not-magnetic. But it is very slightly magnetic. So it could be affected by a VERY powerful magnetic field, such as only Dr. Polaris could generate. Ahem.

Oh, and, yes, my first thought was, "Now THAT is how Dr. Polaris talks!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home