Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Flashpoint Futures

I just realized that I haven't talked at all about last Friday's Flashpoint teasers. It pleases me that after I complained about the poor quality of the previous week's Flashpoint Friday that we were given eight covers from Flashpoint spinoffs. Holy crap, that's a lot of stuff! Perhaps I should go through them one by one?

Flashpoint: Batman, Knight of Vengeance: Here we get nothing more than a splash of red and the word "vengeance." Here's the thing: Batman has never really been about vengeance. If that had been the case he would've stopped his fight after Joe Chill was captured. Batman -- our Batman -- fights not to avenge his parents but to see that no other child must suffer through what he did. I imagine that "Batman, Knight of Vengeance" will be motivated by other things...

Flashpoint: Citizen Cold: What would it take to turn Captain Cold from a villain to a hero? Lack of the Flash, for one. But what else? I don't know, but I'm eager to find out.

Flashpoint: Deathstroke & The Curse of the Ravager: Yaaar, pirate Deathstroke be not much of a stretch. Other than that, I don't really know what to expect from this one. The ship seems to be called the Ravager, but what treasure could he be searching for?

Flashpoint: Deadman & The Flying Graysons: It's immediately a darker DCU without a Robin. And references to "gladiator slaves" do not reassure me...

Flashpoint: Hal Jordan: I... Yaaawn. Sorry, I started to doze of there for a secondzzzzzzzz. Ahem. Hal Jordan is boring enough. But I can't imagine how boring Hal Jordan will be when he doesn't even have a Green Lantern ring. What happened to the Abin Sur mini?

Flashpoint: World of Flashpoint: We've already seen that the "World of Flashpoint" isn't necessarily a pleasant one. My guess is that this mini will give us a general overview of the world and the changes in the timeline made by the Reverse Flash.

Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman: It sure looks like Aquaman will be one of the main villains of the Flashpoint timeline. That's pretty damn scary, because despite the jokes people make there is nothing funny about Aquaman. Okay, there are a few things. But not the things that people usually think of. In reality, Aquaman is quite the badass.

Flashpoint: Legion of Doom: Now we're talking! I'd been under the impression that DC didn't own the rights to the term "Legion of Doom." Now, I was either wrong or that's changed. Either way, it's good to see it: "The Society" and "The Injustice Gang" never held quite the same ring. And an apparently female Heatwave sure makes things interesting...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I wasn't sure at first, but I am finding myself more and more intrigued by some of these titles. The Captain Cold one in particular.

And frankly, I'm looking forward to seeing if Hal can still get hit in the head and show off his derriere sans a green glowing ring. I'm betting "yes".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home