Tuesday, May 22, 2007

August Solicitations

DC's August solicitations are up. Lots of interesting stuff in there, but there are a few things in particular that I noticed.

DR. THIRTEEN: ARCHITECTURE & MORTALITY TP: Hello! Looks like someone at DC is paying attention. If I'm not mistaken they're actually collecting the backup from Tales of the Unexpected before the main story. Unless, of course, I'm mistaken.

This is good, and portents well for the possibility of more Dr. Thirteen. Because honestly, who was actually reading Tales of the Unexpected for the Spectre stuff? I know I always skipped right to the back...

GREEN LANTERN #22: Hmm... "an even greater evil waits on the horizon, one that will plague the DCU long after this war is over..." I know I've said it before, but I just feel the need to get myself on the record: The Anti-Monitors are coming.

BIRDS OF PREY #109: There's a reason why Barbara Gordon is the smartest person in the DCU.

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #8: "The spotlight turns to Liberty Belle as the All-American powerhouse races to stop the Justice Society's troubled young recruit, Damage, from making the worst mistake of his life."

Here's hoping the "biggest mistake of his life" is his trying to resurrect his dear, departed uncle...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Bah. My no-good nephew couldn't find his way out of a paper bag, let alone raise me from the dead...

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

But...but my dear Doctor, I thought you WANTED to be raised from the dead? It's quite the "In" thing at the moment.

I must say that ALL these books look to be excellent, I'm particularly happy about Dr. Thirteen. I guess I just have a thing for doctors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home