Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I Wuv Miss Martian

Oh yes oh yes oh yes I do.

The news that Sean McKeever (a writer whose work I do not know) is going to be taking over Teen Titans filled me with giddy joy.

Not because that means Adam Beechen won't be writing. I've long since forgiven him for what happened to Cassandra Cain. It wasn't really his fault, anyway. No, the reason why I'm giddy is because the cover of Mr. McKeever's first issue confirms that my favorite thing about Teen Titans isn't going anywhere:

Miss Martian is sunshine in a bottle. She's happiness and rainbows -- all wrapped up in cute red hair and a blue miniskirt. As far as I'm concerned, she's The Sensational Character Find of 2006.

And I am deliriously happy that she's going to be sticking around in Teen Titans. With so many recent creative changes, I was worried that we were going to lose some of the newer Titans before they really had a chance to shine.

But instead, it looks like Miss Martian and the others are going to get a turn in the spotlight. And to top it all off, they've dumped all those Titans that aren't even teens anymore.

Is it August yet?

(Image snagged from kumahachi.org. Check out all his awesome work!)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

The Teen Titans should be like Menudo; once you hit a certain age, you're out.

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course they're going to keep Miss Martian, she's basically Starfire from TV's Teen Titans.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes.

I love Miss Martian. It's nice having non angsty character for a change of pace.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

Awwww


That's the greatest Miss Martian picture EVAR!!!!!!!!!1 :D

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must resist...killing her off and replacing her with Secret.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Cap: Absolutely. I get royally annoyed by people who constantly complain about people in their twenties no longer being in the Titans...

Anon: Maybe a little... But I'm convinced that McKeever will help make her her own character.

MWB: Yeah, and what's great is that she actually has a lot of room to angst, but doesn't. How refreshing is that?

Ami: I KNOW! I was actually looking for a different pic, but stumbled upon that one and knew I had to use it. I've got to send a nice mail to the artist sometime.

Universal Person: Hey, I love Secret (I'd like to see her back sometime) but Miss Martian is a whooole 'nother character. I wuv her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home