Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Five Years

Friends,

I regret to say that due to a minor illness I completely spaced on the fortuitous event that occurred yesterday (apparently my memory is as spotty as Azrael's). What might that have been?

It was the five year anniversary of this blog.

As far as I'm concerned, that's quite a milestone. I never expected that I'd still be writing for this thing after a few years. I never could have expected that I'd continue to enjoy it as much as I still do.

I know I don't blog as regularly as I might have in the past. That's my fault and it comes with being a graduate student and all the time sinks inherent in such an enterprise.

That said, I want to take a moment to thank everyone for their encouragement and comments over the years. I wouldn't enjoy it (and probably couldn't continue) if I didn't know that there were those of you out there who enjoyed reading. Your comments mean a lot to me. A lot.

This is usually the sort of occasion where a blogger will announce his or her intention for a hiatus or retirement. But how could I do a thing like that? Even if I falter or stall, I want to try and keep this thing going for another five years.

Here's to the future!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Congratulations, pal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home