Monday, December 13, 2010

Memory Lapse

It's true that sometimes my memory isn't quite what it should be. Behavior modification and sleepless nights haunted by the spirit of a long dead pseudo-saint will do that to a person. But I still don't remember things going down quite like this.

Again, this could all be a lapse in my memory. But I don't remember burning up on the top of a building (I really think I'd remember that). I do seem to recall a climactic confrontation in the Batcave, culminating in the restoration of the Mantle of the Bat to the one, true Batman.

Still, it could be that it didn't happen that way. Things are a little fuzzy from my Batman time. And then there's the whole retroactive continuity thing thanks to the various Crises. Perhaps my origins have changed and I'm not really the descendant of a long line of avenging angels. Or maybe things are exactly the same and it's just my memory that has been doing the retcons.

My head hurts.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

I had to stop buying Legacies. I usually love that 'History of the DCU" stuff, but it was just too different.

I think I'm going to buy that issue though, as The Death of Superman / Breaking of Batman is when I started reading comics. Although I know they're going to have changed stuff (like your fiery fall from the bridge, even though you kicked Bruce's butt when he first showed back up) and it will drive me crazy.

Gluttons for punishment, us superhero fans.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Azrael said...

Superheroes, too.

And I'm glad to hear that at least my memory's not crazy.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It was a strange time for ALL of us, Azrael.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home