Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Heart Arthur Curry

There's been a lot of chatter on the blogs and the boards about the bold new direction of the upcoming Aquaman: Sword of Alantis series. First let me say that I love Aquaman. I'm a pretty solidly heterosexual male, but I've said before that there are only two men I'd consider doing it with: Kyle Rayner (for obvious reasons) and Arthur Curry (for reasons that even I cannot elucidate). So I'd say my cred as an Aquaman fan is pretty solid.

That being said, I understand the anger and the frustration at Arthur losing the starring role in his own series. If I had it my way John Arcudi would still be writing Aquaman One Year Later and Patrick Gleason would be back on art. But it's not a perfect world.

The choices were: no Aquaman series or the new Aquaman direction. If it hadn't been for Busiek's pitch, the series would have been outright cancelled. That means no undersea adventures of any sort. I know that that wouldn't please me. Besides, this isn't an Emerald Twilight deal. Busiek has already said that Arthur will appear at some point. Kurt Busiek is an incredibly talented writer (JLA/Avengers, anyone? He made me actually give a damn about Marvel characters) and I for one am willing to give him a chance to wow me.

3 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger Ragnell said...

I wouldn't say I'm much of an Aquaman fan, but he is really cute. I'd want dinner first, though.

But yeah, Kyle Rayner's pretty obvious.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

" Kyle Rayner (for obvious reasons)"
The ring + Kyle's imagination = !!!

"and Arthur Curry (for reasons that even I cannot elucidate)"

D'uh! Sweet sweet octopus love, obviously.

And, given the choice, I would have prefered "no Aquaman series" to another screwing up that will set the character back a few more years. Better to leave him as a fabulous guest-star to have him not starring in his own series.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arthur Curry... Can't say I'd have sex with him, no matter how much adoration I have. Same with the other guys, and most if not all of the women, hell a lot of the side kicks to.

Super heros don't really do that much for me. There are a few exceptions but none shall know of my weaknesses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home