Friday, January 20, 2006

I Am Not Alone

I never thought about, you see. Not until I read Scipio's latest post did I realize how few characters there are in comics like me.

I am, of course, talking about left-handers.

Yes, I am a member of that maligned group of people who write, eat, and possibly golf with their left hands. But until today I never realized how underrepresented we are. But I felt no rage. Thanks to Scipio the one left-hander I have been made aware of is all we really need:

Yeah, that's right. Alan freaking Scott is left-handed.

How is it that I never noticed this before? How is it that I never noticed the dearth of southpaws in the DC Universe?

Not that it matters now. We have our standard bearer. Alan Scott: JSA Founder, Hero of the Golden Age, and Left-Hander.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jhunt said...

I'm left-handed too. We could do much worse than to have Alan Scott as our figurehead.

It could have been G'Nort.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger JP said...

Wow.

I'm a southpaw too, and I am very proud to be represented in the DCU by Alan Scott. Let's see if we can go dig up evidence that Wesley Dodds was a lefty as well. Wouldn't that be cool?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home