Wednesday, September 27, 2006

They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To...

There are times when I find myself with access to the oddest things. One of those things is undoubtedly 1947's EERIE COMICS #1:

Damn, they really don't make 'em like that anymore, do they? Sure, we're getting Tales of the Unexpected soon, but I don't buy the Spectre with a goatee.

No, what we need is books with covers featuring the scantily clad being menaced by horrifying creatures from beyond the grave (and yes, I know that opinion may make me unpopular, but horror comics are something special).

Tomorrow, I just might feature a full review of one of the eerie tales to be found within this tome. Here's a panel to whet your appetite:

How's that for eerie?

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

More Icky than Eerie.

But I'm looking forward to your review! I loooovve old-timey obscure, oddball comics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home