Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Prepare For My Mighty Sarcasm

*clap clap*

Well done, Newsarama Blog. Well done. You've truly outdone yourselves this time. Asking for opinions on Infinite Crisis? Acceptable. But going to the website of a Marvel exclusive writer like Brian Michael Bendis to do it? Inconceivable.

You might as well come here and ask me what I thought of House of M:

"Oh, Doctor Polaris! Please tell us what you think of Marvel's House of M wherein Magneto comes to rule the world or something else contrite along those lines."

I'd stand, quietly clear my throat, and crush you with two tons of steel.

I mean seriously. Do you really think you'll get an honest, balanced opinion from those guys? They're going to hate everything DC does. Of course they'll claim they're going to give it a fair shake. But such is lies. Damned lies.

The opinions of comic fans are inextricably tied to their own pre-conceived prejudices. If you ask me who would be the winner in a contest between the "Incredible" Hulk and Hal Jordan I would most certainly respond "Hal Jordan." Yes, I despise him with every fiber of my being, but he's still one of mine to despise.

You've been in this business a long time. You should understand these things by now. And even if you feel you must go to the Bendis Board for reevaluation of Infinite Crisis at least get both sides of the story. I've got time. I retired after that crisis, after all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Marionette said...

Yeah, come on! Ask me my opinion of House of M! Go on, ask me. I mean I didn't read a single issue, not even a tie in, but I'm sure I could work up an opinion about how lame it was.

And as for Civil War, I mean I actually DID read and issue of that. And don't even get me started on 1602...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home