Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Betrayal and Vengeance

Imagine if you will discovering that you have been replaced. It matters not if you imagine it as a relationship or a job. You had something you love to do, and someone new has taken it from you.

Now imagine you find out through an Internet comic preview of Justice League of America #11:

What matter of doom would you rain upon your betrayers?

I am filled with rage... And morbid curiosity. For though I am enraged that Brad Meltzer would have the audacity to replace me with someone younger, I am also curious about this young upstart I will soon be meeting.

Whoever he is, he has the audacity to call himself Doctor Polaris. But I wonder if he is in fact a doctor, medical or otherwise. It is clear that Meltzer's "Doctor" Impossible is not. So it is unlikely that this "Doctor Polaris" is a doctor either.

I am a doctor. And I am also The Master of Magnetism. And The Man Who Mastered Magnetism. What mastery of nature's primal forces does this young fool possess? Likely, none. But whatever he does possess, it will pale compare to the might of the true Polaris!

Soon I will have the comic in my hands. I will not pay for it, but I will possess it nonetheless. And I will find out who dares to take my name and sully my reputation. And regardless of how well he holds the position, he will be annihilated.

Oh, and Meltzer... Watch your back. Polaris comes for you.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It would seem that this "Meltzer" person's days are numbered.

Get 'im, Doctor Polaris! Get'im good!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Derek said...

Now hold on, Doc, this could work in your favour.

It's like with the new Aquaman. The Powers That Be decide to replace a character with a a younger, hipper version that the "kids" can relate to.

Before you know it, the fans are fed up with this imposter and there's a public outcry for the return of the One True Master of Magnetism.

One multiversal shake-up later, and you're back in the spotlight making life unpleasant for the Justice League again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home