Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Team Work

I didn't get an invitation to join you-know-who's new Outsiders team.

I mean, it's not like I actually expected it. But know that I was hopeful that I might get a call. When I heard that he was taking over the team, I thought maybe it was an opportunity. Sure, he doesn't want to work with me when people know it. But a covert team that he can disavow? It's a match made in Heaven!

I'd fit right in among a team of misfits and freaks that nobody else wants to have around. And if you need someone with cred as a "dangerous, unhinged psychopath" then well... I'm your man!

Plus I would get to hang out with all sorts of interesting people. Katana, Metamorpho, Geo-Force... Well, not Geo-Force. But you get the idea. People who have an understanding of being on the outside and occasionally entering into psychotic religious delusions.

And so I waited by the phone. For quite a while. I even tried calling, but I couldn't get the nerve and hung up before anyone had the chance to answer. I did that a couple of times, actually...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Azrael, my dear...how can I put this gently? You really are better off OUT of that group.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

You should track down Max Lord. I mean since Wonder Woman obviously killed a clone. I mean really, Max a psychotic megalomaniacal bastard without a cyborg body who kills one of his best friends? PSHAW!

Anyway, I bet he'd be willing to fund the REAL Outsiders. You could recruit all the harder versions of more popular people. You, Eradicator, Jack Chance is alive again. Wasn't there a mean Flash?

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack T. Chance was alive you mean. Parallax murdered him while possesing Kyle Rayner.

And there was no Mean Flash. There was John Fox, Flash of the future. (Not sure what century, 26th, 27th?) He was kind of a jerk, but he wasn't mean or anything. And now he is the Flash of the 853rd Century's Justice Legion Alpha.

And I thought Max had the Superbuddies? What happened to that gig?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

Azrael, sweetie, Sally's right; it's better this way.

It just wouldn't be worth working with Geo-Force... .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home