Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Back to This

Here's a topic I haven't talked about in a long time: Cassandra Cain.

She showed up in Batman and the Outsiders #2, you know. In costume as Batgirl. It was a very "old school" Cassandra kind of scene, what with the one-liner and the unnecessary violence.

I listened to an interview with Chuck Dixon a while ago. He talked about putting Batgirl on the team. It was an editorial decision, it seems. And that makes me very leery. I mean, the last few "editorial decisions" regarding Cassandra Cain taught her Navajo and had her toting a sniper rifle. Not what I'm looking for.

But despite that, I'm optimistic. From what I heard in the interview, Mr. Dixon seems to get Cassandra's character. He wrote a number of issues of her original series and has a pretty good idea of how she's supposed to work. So here's hoping things turn out all right.

I'm actually more interested in the issue of Detective that Mr. Dixon mentions in the interview. He said that he'd written a Detective fill-in that shows how Batman is able to come to trust Cassandra again. That's going to take some hoop-jumping...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Maybe Deathstroke injected Bruce with some of those infamous hypos of his ...

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

She KILLED someone. So did Jason Todd (and he had a bagful of heads to prove it).

That's a hard thing to "backtrack" from.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Yeah, which is why I'm way curious how they're going to try and make it work.

Even if they probably fail...

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

You're right, Fortress Keeper. It was.....

SLADE'S HYPOS!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home