Saturday, December 22, 2007

Libra Libra Libra

There's an interview with Dan DiDio over at Newsarama. Mr. DiDio's got a lot to say about Countdown, Final Crisis, and the future of the DC Universe.

But me being an obsessive follower of the old and the new, I was immediately drawn to this exchange:

DD: [laughs] Who else? Libra is a good one.

NRAMA: ...

The Newsarama interviewer was suitably unimpressed. I, on the the other hand, was immediately smitten. Especially after getting a look at this mysterious "Libra:"

Hooded and gloved? Check. Masked visage? Check. Crazy theme? Double check. Literally.

Now, I'm already on the Libra bandwagon thanks to the general air of mysteriousness and the fact that I was born between September 23 and October 22. So I don't need to know anything else. But perhaps the rest of you ache with curiosity. If you lack my mind-boggling knowledge of the DC Universe I will reveal this to you: "Libra" is not a new character.

Once upon a time a guy calling himself "Libra" formed an "Injustice Gang" composed of the saddest villains this side of Gotham City. It was all a ruse, of course. When the villains inevitably failed Libra took the opportunity to steal half of the JLA's powers. Then he overreached (as all good villains do) and was sort of destroyed. It happens.

There's no way of knowing if this new Libra has any connection to the old one. I'm betting he will -- but only slightly. My guess is that once again DC is dusting off an old name and sliding someone new into it. And if the result is as impressive as that costume, It'll all balance out.

...

Sorry.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I will say, that those are some funky funky gloves.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had this idea when i was 6 about a hero who HAD ALL the powers of ALL the superheroes, even the turtle's weapons, thundercat stuff,.. the Highlander's immortality. And the bad guy was someone who looked like Cobra commander, who looked A LOT like Libra. I saw the guy and i was INSTANTLY impressed, couldn't wipe the smile off my face

 

Post a Comment

<< Home