Monday, December 17, 2007

Ret-retcon

Well, it seems that Geoff Johns is retelling Hal Jordan's origin. This'll be what, like the fourth time?

That being said, it's probably not a bad idea. As much as I think Hal Jordan is a pompous jackass, I don't think he's the kind of guy to drive drunk. Sure, he's the kind of guy who drives without his seatbelt, but certainly not drunk.

That attempted retcon of Hal Jordan's origin always felt off to me. It was like they were trying to hard to give the man faults. And it's not like they needed to give him extra faults in the first place. The man is vain, clumsy, and a total moron. Aren't those enough flaws for one man?

I imagine Geoff Johns will be further retconning Abin Sur and the "Blackest Knight" prophecy while at the same time adding to the Air Force element of Hal Jordan's backstory.

I'm finding myself strangely intrigued by the possibilities. Don't tell the Doctor.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Too late, fool. I already know.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, if anybody can retcon a retcon, it's Geoff Johns. And really, trying to keep a secret concerning Hal Jordan from Dr. Polaris?

Folly!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Patrick C said...

I never really got Abin Sur. Did they ever explain where he was before he bequeathed his ring to Hal? He never bothered to show up to help out the JSA? Granted there are plenty more GL comics I haven't read compared to the ones I have, so maybe the Guardians told him to stay away from Earth, just wondering if it was ever brought up.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well...unlike Hal, Abin Sur actually patrolled the REST of sector 2814. Hal mostly just hangs out on Earth.

Although there is that bordello planet...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home