Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Resist

Huh. It looks like Checkmate did get canceled without me noticing. Oh well. That last story was awful anyway. They probably should have ended the series as soon as Rucka left anyway. Checkmate was his baby.

Luckily, he's coming back for some more Checkmate next week with Final Crisis: Resist. Goody. I really liked what Rucka did with Checkmate (even if I still hate the Great Ten). It looks like we're going to get a lot of the same fun stuff we got in "classic" Checkmate, too. Plus, Snapper Carr.

But here's the particularly fun bit to me: the Resist solicit says that Checkmate must "awaken an evil from a Crisis past." Assuming that it's not from the original Crisis, I take it that means Infinite Crisis. And since this is Greg Rucka I take it that means Brother Eye!

At least, that's my guess. So the question becomes: what happens when you've got a populace enslaved to Anti-Life, half of them are infected with the OMAC virus, and then Brother Eye turns it on?

Boom.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I liked Checkmate, at least when Rucka was writing it, and although I usually mourn a bit when a comic book bites the dust, I have to admit that this last story was just...awful.

So, I am GLAD to see the "Resist" solicitation. I have to admit that I never even thought of Brother Eye however. THAT could get interesting!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I can't imagine that "evil from a Crisis past" could be anything else. Anti-Monitor's tied up with GLC, SBP is in Legion of Three Worlds, and Black Adam poked Psycho-Pirate's eyes out.

So unless Max Lord rises from the grave, it's Brother Eye...

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

>>what happens when you've got a populace enslaved to Anti-Life, half of them are infected with the OMAC virus, and then Brother Eye turns it on?<<

They all become Florence Henderson impersonators ...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home