Friday, November 14, 2008

Apologies

Though I do not usually tender "apologies," I feel that at this moment it is warranted. You see, I believe that I -- Doctor Polaris -- am indirectly responsible for the cancellation of Blue Beetle.

All of you, my loyal readers, are well aware of the anticipation engendered by covers indicating that Doctor Polaris would be featured as a major villain in the series. I have no doubt that rumors of my appearance are the "firmer ground" and "positive response" that Dan DiDio spoke of in his recent interview.

And so, new readers flocked to the book, eager to witness my triumphant return to comics. But then these patriotic men and women were struck with the horrible truth: it was not Polaris they found within the pages of the book, but rather an M. B. A.!

Disgusted that the great Doctor Polaris would be replaced with a pathetic business major, the masses revolted, canceling their subscriptions to Blue Beetle and dooming the book to cancellation.

My apologies to Blue Beetle fans for being such a charismatic, unstoppable force. I cannot change who I am.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

This...this HAS to be the reason for the cancellation! It is quite possible that Jaime HIIMSELF was horrified to discover that he was only fighting some creep in a beard, as opposed to the REAL Doctor Polaris. Jaime has standards TOO.

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Truly you are DC's most dastardly villain to bring such pain to the world, even from beyond the great beyond...

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Cancellation?

When did that happen?!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

Just in the past few days. It's been confirmed in the new solicitations. Blue Beetle is gone. Now I will go cry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home