Saturday, November 01, 2008

Idle Speculation

So I was rereading the first two issues of Secret Six today. (I love you Gail!) And I got to thinking about this mysterious "Junior" character. He's a pretty nasty villain, that much is clear. But as I looked at the few gorgeous glimpses of him we get (love you too, Nicola!) I began to think that maybe he had a connection to another character in the book...

We all know Gail likes to do that sort of thing. We've all seen it before. So consider the following:

Junior lives in a box. Somehow he's able to squeeze himself into a little tiny space.

Junior's limbs are all wobbly. Poor Junior doesn't seem to be able to hold himself together well, and his joints bend every which way.

Junior's name is Junior. If you're a junior, there's gotta be a senior, right?

So my guess is this: the mysterious "Junior" is actually the brother of Ragdoll. I'm no sure exactly, but I believe that at one point it was mentioned that Ragdoll had a brother -- one who had inherited their father's gift of triple-jointedness (I'll have to dig out Villains United and the Secret Six mini to confirm that, though).

Now, Junior may not be a literal junior, as both the original Rag Doll and the one we all know so well are named "Peter Merkel." That makes our Rag Doll the literal junior. But perhaps "Junior" calls himself that because he feels he is the true heir to the Rag Doll legacy.

Whatever it may be, this is all idle speculation. But I like to get my crazy guess out there so I can say "I told you so" on the off chance I'm right...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said...

Its in VU that Ragdoll mentions his father and brother's triple-jointedness. And thats why he underwent the horrible surgeries to mimic it...

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Yes.

But the original Ragdoll is his GRANDFATHER; JSA, WWII?

I'm guessing Junior is Ragdoll's FATHER.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Isn't his brother in VU?

If not then I think you might be onto something.

Although my vote is that it's a new ventriloquist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home