Saturday, February 20, 2010

"DC Entertainment"

It should come as no surprise that I'm pretty happy about the news about DC's new team. I may not be a big fan of Dan DiDio's writing, but with a few exceptions I've been very happy about his stewardship of DC comics.

And Geoff Johns in charge of what Geoff Johns' is in charge of? That's like... A match made in heaven. Here's a guy who gets the iconic things about DC's characters. The idea that he may have influence on future DC movies, TV shows, etc. is a big deal.

Other than that? I'm not sure that a whole lot is going to change. Obviously we're going to get a new DCU Editor-in-Chief. But I don't imagine that will change the direction of things all that much.

All in all, like most people I doubt this will change much on the comic side of things. But it could have an effect on other media. Those are the things to watch.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They need to fire Georg Brewer's ass stat! DCD is totally in the ground.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I really don't think that Didio is the anti-christ that so many message board zanies seem to think he is. The new line-up seems to consist of competent people. Especially Geoff Johns.

But who the heck is Georg Brewer?

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I have no idea who Georg Brewer is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home