Tuesday, February 16, 2010

May Solicitations?

I'm not actually going to talk about May's DC solicitations. I'm going to talk about how the monthly solicitation reveals aren't fun anymore.

It used to be (and it wasn't really that long ago) that when solicitation day came we got to see all the solicitations at once. Everything was new an exciting. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and everything in between was revealed in one glorious moment.

Nowadays DC likes to release previews. A week or so before the "official" solicitation reveals we'll get a preview of given month's Superman books. And the Batman books. And the Green Lantern books. Oh, and the JLA and JSA too.

Now the only thing we actually have to look forward to is maybe the Legion books and Secret Six. Of course, Secret Six is worth the wait... But I'd rather get them all at once anyway.

Does anyone else prefer an en masse solicitation reveal? Or do you like having it trickled out over the course of a few weeks?

2 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Kello said...

I actually don't like the preview solicitations. I like the "lump sum" set, once a month.

I had a brief time when I just avoided solicits, to try and enjoy the comics without all the hype. It's more enjoyable to just go into a book without any real notions of what to expect.

I feel like some solicits reveal so much that you can actually follow the comic by just reading the blurbs instead of the actual book.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I try not to read them, since I like a little bit of a surprise. Although sometimes I just can't help myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home