Saturday, February 06, 2010

Anti-Matters

I'm sure most of you have seen this image by now:

First of all, that's a beautiful piece of art. I'm usually not a big fan of Greg Horn but he hit this one out of the park.

Secondly, holy crap the hits just keep coming. It seems that everything just keeps getting worse and worse for the heroes of the DC Universe. Nekron was bad enough, but the Anti-Monitor? The Black Lantern Anti-Monitor? That's not a villain who will be easy to deal with.

Still, I have to wonder... If I'm not mistaken the Anti-Monitor wasn't willingly turned into the Black Power Battery. And when he gets out do you think he'll line up like a good soldier and do what Nekron wants him too?

I don't think so. I think when the Anti-Monitor gets free he's going to be trouble for everybody... Nekron included.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jake said...

I'm worried that there's not going to be enough time to wrap this up. The Spectre is still dead and kicking, Necron hasn't really DONE anything yet, Black Hand has yet to enter the fight and now the Deadite-Monitor is going to fight everyone too?

I mean there's only two issues to wrap this all up in, and Brightest Day is going to follow REALLY soon and has already been confirmed to have a new story that doesn't focus on Black Lanterns at all.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yup. That's a very nice cover, and it's nice to see that Greg Horn can draw something other than blonde ladies in their underwear.

*ahem*

I imagine that the Anti-Monitor is going to have a serious mad-on for Nekron. Then, he'll go quietly home to live on Qward and rule the Anti-Matter Universe and never ever cause any more problems.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I don't think it's going to clutter up the story too much, Jake. Since this is a cover for Green Lantern Corps the Black Lantern Anti-Monitor story will probably be a side tale to the main Blackest Night story and stay more or less confined to GLC.

And Sally... I too hope that poor old Anti will finally get the chance to go home and live in domestic bliss for the rest of his un-life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home