Saturday, March 20, 2010

Batman Beyond

I don't need to tell you DC is finally releasing a Batman Beyond comic series. This is a very good thing.

Batman Beyond was one of my favorite of the DCAU series. I loved it because it was different. It broke the rules. It changed things. It played with stuff that was usually sacrosanct. And it did it all in a stylish, incredibly fresh way.

I really loved that series. I'm glad to see that, in a way, it's coming back. Some people are complaining about the fact that Adam Beechen is going to be writing it. I'm not upset about that. I've forgiven Adam Beechen for the whole Cassandra Cain thing; it wasn't his fault. And outside of that, he's a pretty good writer.

The most important thing in my mind is that everything that came before is not being thrown out. Everything that happened in the animated series happens here (though I do hope that they ignore "Epilogue").

If you haven't seen any Batman Beyond I recommend checking it out. The uncut version of Return of the Joker is especially good. We get to see exactly why the Joker is the Batman villain. And why Terry McGinnis is worthy to be the Batman.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Inque back in action!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home