Monday, March 15, 2010

Last Stand of New Krypton

I think it's safe to say that I really enjoyed the first issue of Last Stand of New Krypton. Though I've more or less been interested in the whole "New Krypton" thing, I was starting to get tired of "Commander El" and all that. What I wanted was Superman.

Well, I got Superman. In a big way. One of the through lines of the entire "New Krypton" saga seems to have been that there may be many Kryptonians... But there is only one Superman. Last Stand of New Krypton reinforces that. We see the how super-powers do not a superman make.

This whole saga has been flailing, but I think that Last Stand on New Krypton has given it the shot in the arm it needed. Not only have we gotten the real Superman... But we're getting real villains again. The last page of the issue could not have made me happier.

The strangest thing about this all is that I do not know how it's going to end. At the beginning I thought they were going to stick the Kandorians back in the bottle and be done with it. They still might. But I'm not entirely sure. Something big is going to happen here, and even though Superman's status quo may go back to normal... It won't be the same.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I thought the whole "New Krypton" was pretty interesting -- but, yeah, for a while, it was like, "Where the heck are they going with this?" Seems like that's finally being addressed. :-)

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Mon-El gets to stay. I love his character.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home