Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Superman Movie

Apparently some word has started to spill about the possible Christopher Nolan produced Superman movie. The most interesting news to me is the clear demarcation between the Superman and Batman universes.

Personally, I don't know if that's all that good of an idea. Though I agree that they should definitely have their own universes, I'm not convinced that they should totally rule out a possible crossover.

One of the strengths of the recent spate of Marvel films has been the interconnectedness of them. It's not overt, but it is there. They may never get around to making that rumored Avengers film. But they've left to the door open for it to be possible.

By the same token they need to leave that door open for a possible Justice League film. Though it may never see the light of day, we need the hope that it could. Super-heroes are about hope after all...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Tom Foss said...

I wouldn't be too surprised to have a JL film without Batman. I can't even see the Batman of the "Begins" universe mingling with sci-fi/fantasy villains like Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy, let alone the Justice Leaguers.

 
At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Spectrum Rider said...

Superheroes are about hope?

Have you READ Cry For Justice?

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

You know, you make a good point, Tom. I suppose they could do a JL film (and you're also right that it probably wouldn't be JLA) without Batman. It wouldn't feel right to me, but probably wouldn't bother the general public.

And I'm still not going to talk about Cry for Justice... Yet. :-P

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe a lower-level JLA without the Big 3 (Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman) might make for an actual better and more interesting film.

Have J'onn head it up and include The Flash, Hawkman, Atom, Zatanna, Black Canary and Green Arrow.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said...

That was the thing that bothered me the most as well. I don't have to have big JLA movie, but let me at least have the possibility in my head.

Even if there's crossover a brief mention about "that guy in gotham" goes a long way with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home