Friday, September 24, 2010

A Response

Brian Michael Bendis: you are a fool.

You disparage the writings of comic bloggers as "knee-jerk reviews and cut and paste blogging." Never once have I cut or pasted a large block of text. My opinions on the news and comics of my day are mine alone. Such opinions are powerful enough to stand apart; they serve as a shining example for others.

I have no need for "knee-jerk" reviews. If I believe something to be unworthy of my attention I will dismiss it -- it need not be mentioned at all. And if I consider a work to be a masterpiece I will say so. When I do, I shall express myself eloquently and at length. With correct capitalization and punctuation. Unlike some popular Marvel writers I might mention.

I am not alone in this. Recently the great and powerful Scipio has returned to blogging at his bastion The Absorbascon. He is intelligent and articulate, informing and enlightening us on comics, their history, and the very nature of the medium. Without much thought I could name many others who would put your ill-supported claims to shame.

And know this, Bendis: never once have I demanded payment for my services. Years of efficient bank robbery and extortion have left me comfortably well off. No, I write purely for the joy of it. And the chance to prove fools like you wrong.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

As usual, you have cut to the quick of the argument, my dear dear Doctor.

I'm not exactly sure WHAT set Bendis off, but he's not making a whole lot of friends with his ill-considered rant. MOST people who blog about comics do it for the love of it, and most of them do a bang-up job.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Who is this "Bendis"?

Isn't that the ill-favored robot on that "Futurama" Show?

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Doctor Polaris said...

Dear me, no! That robot is composed of valuable metals such as iron and zinc. As far as I know "Bendis" contains nothing of value whatsoever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home