Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Disappointing

I know that series get canceled. There are very few comic books that will run indefinitely. But that doesn't make me feel any better when a comic I like gets the axe.

This time around, it's Freedom Fighters. I knew Freedom Fighters wouldn't last forever, of course. But I did hope that it might last longer than nine issues. As it is, that's only one more issue than the previous two Freedom Fighter mini-series ran. And since the first (and now only) arc was an eight issue story anyway they might as well have made it another mini-series to begin with.

Still, I feel like they could have given Freedom Fighters a little longer to find its legs. The book had some great story (no surprising given the writing team) and some really stellar art. The same cannot be said of books that have lasted longer -- things like Azrael or Magog.

I'm not happy about this, but I doubt it means that the Freedom Fighters will disappear. That is one of the great things about the shared comic book universe concept. After all, I was similarly bummed when Shadowpact got canceled... And look who's showing up in Superman/Batman this week.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I suppose I should be happy that DC gave the Freedom Fighters an ongoing series at all. But it really doesn't make me feel any better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home