Friday, April 22, 2011

Please Read Zatanna

Okay, this is one of those oh-so-common posts where I desperately entreat my minuscule readership to try a book that is fantastic but has low sales. Today, that book is Zatanna.

Zatanna is such a fun book that I don't really know what else to say about it. I don't know if it's inherent to the character or the little world Paul Dini has built around her or what. All I know is that I love every issue -- even an issue like this week's #12 that was done by a fill-in team.

Despite the fact that it's not being written by regular series writer Paul Dini, Zatanna #12 has all the things that make this book great. It gives us a sense of Zatanna's world (the "Magical City of San Francisco") and shows us some of the interesting things that she can do -- and face -- with her powers.

Zatanna #12 also serves as a really excellent entry point into the series. It comes on the heels of an extended story arc, is completely self-contained, and tells you everything you need to know about Zatanna and her world. Plus, it has a pretty Amanda Connor cover. What more can you want?

So if you haven't been reading Zatanna I urge you to go out and pick up this week's issue. I imagine that your local shop still has some copies. Read it, and if you don't like it you can come here and complain to me about what a jerk I was for suggesting it. But if you do like it then loan the issue to your comic-reading friends. Convince them to give it a try. Then go buy the trade paperback.

I really love this book and I don't want to see it disappear.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wellllll....it DOES have a purty Amanda Conner cover...! I haven't been reading it, so perhaps this is a good spot to jump on.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger edonline said...

nuR tuo dna yub a ypoc! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home