Tuesday, April 19, 2011

War Stories

I am sorely displeased with the progress being made on this "War of the Green Lanterns." Wars are meant to be violent, messy things. The grim shadow of death follows war closely, and many are fated to die in tragic ways.

And yet... By all accounts somewhere around seventy-five percent of Earth's Green Lanterns will survive this so-called "war." Consider this "striking" cover for the war's aftermath:

There are a number of things missing from this image. Most pointedly is the conspicuous absence of Hal Jordan head wounds. But of specific note is the lack of one Kyle Rayner.

Now I am no particular fan of Rayner. He and I have tussled on more than one occasion and that art school dropout never once gave me the respect that my multiple degrees in higher scientific disciplines deserve.

But if you lined up the Green Lanterns and allowed me to choose one to kill... Well, Kyle wouldn't be my first choice. Probably not my second either. He's a stupid kid, but at least he seems to know he's stupid. Unlike Jordan.

I'm sure there will be many who weep and gnash their teeth about Kyle Rayner's impending demise. But I am less concerned with the ones they kill than I am with the ones they leave alive.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

No head wounds? That seem strangely un-Hal-like.

But actually I don't think that they are going to kill off Kyle. They've already DONE that, even if it only took for about ten minutes or so, and Guy isn't crying or anything, so I suspect that he's just wearing a different ring or something.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I also disagree with the good doctor (at my own peril, of course). Especially after reading this weeks GLC I think that they've been planning to give Kyle a blue ring for quite a while now...

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

Conspicuous lack of Hal Jordan head wounds... in the FRONT.

I bet someone walloped him in the back with a toy plane construct.

But if you are right about Kyle... then a very interesting post by me is in the offing.

Much like Kyle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home