Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Anyone Call for a Reboot?

Back from the long weekend and... Woo boy. Today is turning out to be one of the biggest days in a long time as far as DC Comics goes.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to have a lot to say about the immense reboot that DC seems to be undertaken. I'm not going to be one of those people, at least not today. There's too much to process and too little real information for me to be able to say what I feel about this right now.

All I know is that I'm going to be sad losing the history built up in the high numbering on Action and Detective. But that's a cosmetic thing, and doesn't really mean much in the long wrong.

Also cosmetic -- but potentially more worrying -- are the new Jim Lee costume designs. I've never been a big fan of his costume designs and I'm particularly wary about the new look of Superman. It just doesn't feel right.

But that's cosmetic, as I've said. And I'm sure people felt that the current Superman costume -- a far cry from the original 1938 version in a lot of ways -- didn't feel "right" either. Change is sometimes necessary. We'll see if this change works... And sticks.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"But that's a cosmetic thing, and doesn't really mean much in the long wrong." Freudian slip? :)

There are ways this thing could go reasonably well, but Jim Lee doing costume designs has me waking up on the pessimistic side of the bed. It's the most I've ever been worried about DC announcements without being particularly excited.

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Home Inspector Expert said...

I'd honestly be more excited about this if I thought Jim Lee was capable of producing enough material on time to make it worth while. I'll still check it out, but I do wonder how long it will be before Jim Lee is replaced by another artist.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Comics are a funny thing. We all want change...but we still want things to be the same.

I am looking forward to the new books with anticipation...and a great deal of trepidation.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger kalinara said...

Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the Jim Lee costumes, but it seems like there's a lot more to be optimistic about re: the new start.

Besides, superheroes are supposed to look silly! It's the law!

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Bedroom Furniture said...

Greetings!
Good stuff! I presume your trusty audience may possibly want further writing of this nature. Maintain the good effort!

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous sofa table said...

Hello Everyone
Anyone Call for a Reboot?
It feels great reading such post this way. Fairly excellent submit, keep the good writing coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home