Wednesday, December 14, 2011

America

I, Doctor Polaris, have returned. You may be wondering, loyal readers, where I have been all this time. Listen well and perhaps you may even learn something.

Not long after the coming of the "New 52" I felt a sense of unease. I had not been rebooted, that much was true. But the coming of a self-described momentous event such as the relaunch should have brought with it real change.

And what did we find? Hal Jordan is still around and still an idiot. The only difference is his new, unflattering costume. And what of me, Doctor Polaris? I didn't feel that I had changed. Perhaps, I thought, I needed to change myself.

It was then and there that I made a decision: I would walk across America and reacquaint myself with its good, simple people. And so I began what I expected would be a journey from Coast City to Metropolis. I made my way through Arizona, Colorado, and Kansas, interacting with ordinary Americans.

Then I got to Saint Louis and realized that it's a terrible city and that I hate good, simple Americans. So I destroyed the Gateway Arch and flew back to to sunny Southern California.

And what about the adventures I had over these past few months? I will tell you this: there is not a whole lot to tell. For as Geoff Johns' Justice League has shown, three months can pass with absolutely nothing happening.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Scipio said...

"Then I got to Saint Louis and realized that it's a terrible city and that I hate good, simple Americans. So I destroyed the Gateway Arch and flew back to to sunny Southern California."

Welcome, back, doc; we've missed you.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

We HAVE missed you! You and your magnificent hair. At least it does sound as though you have been keeping yourself busy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home