Sunday, January 22, 2006

Raven is Really Hot

Why exactly have I never noticed this before? I was rereading Teen Titans #30 and suddenly I was struck, as if by divine revelation. "Huh," I thought. "Raven is kind of hot." I continued to read, and my astonishment grew. "What a minute... Raven is really hot."

In much the same way that Kalinara suddenly discovered that Dick Grayson was hot, I have also discovered that Raven is hot. And I can't explain it. Maybe it's the way Tony Daniel draws her. Maybe it's some sort of dysfunction in my brain chemistry. I've always sort of ignored Raven in the past. It wasn't something intentional -- she just sort of slipped under my radar. It wasn't until this very night that I came to notice her.

Can anyone else explain this sudden fascination? Why I suddenly find Raven so damn hot? Because I sure have no idea myself. It's not like this is my first exposure to the character. Hell, this isn't even the first time I've read this particular issue. But it's the first time that I've noticed how incredibly hot Raven is. I just don't get it...

6 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I think a lot of it is how she's drawn. When Liefield was drawing her, or even the few issues of the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans I own, I never had that reaction. But with Tony Daniel, yes very fine.

I think part of it is, she doesn't wear an outfit that reveals a lot. With the cloak, you can't really see much of her face, and none of her torso. It adds an air of mystery, which is kind of cool in a comic universe where practically every female wears bared midriff, cleavage exposing uniforms (except Batgirl).

Wow, I've given this way too much thought.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

I've always felt that it was the touch of gothic flare they give her in design - lots of blues/blacks and the cloak...but that's just me. I like the "classy" gothic style with shadows and cloaks and stuff like that, no piercings or fishnets - just the shade of mystery.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

I think you're both onto something. And I guess it's no coincidence that Batgirl is one of my favorite characters... (No spoilers! I still haven't gotten the latest issue...)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Centurion said...

Won't spoil batgirl for you, haven't posted on it myself, so my area is still "safe" on that regard, but she's a favorite of mine as well for various reasons...

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Well, if you haven't read it yet, then you'd best stay away from my blog. Or at least scroll real fast past Wednesday's post, and then read the rest.

Also a fan of Batgirl's for reasons somewhat similar to my reasons for liking Raven.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger dan dan noodles said...

To quote Mars Blackman, "it's the shoes."

Raven used to wear these silly high heels that looked like something Church Lady wore to Sunday services. (I love George Perez, but he does not know sexy footwear).

Now, as the illustration here, well, illustrates, Raven's wearing some kiny boots with sexy slits that make them kind of look like garters.

Hence the sexiness.

Believe me--as a gay man, I know what Im talkin' about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home