Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hellboy: Sword of Storms

Well, I had planned to post yesterday, but that sort of fell through after I ended up stranded for two hours on a boat off the coast of Japan.

Speaking of Japan, I had the good fortune to view the animated Hellboy movie Sword of Storms today. I was delighted to discover that the always fantastic Ron Perlman was reprising his role and Hellboy.

I was also intrigued to discover that Sword of Storms was to feature a great deal of Japanese mythology and mythological creatures. I was very impressed by the film, as they managed to get both their Japanese and their Japanese mythology right.

But their samurai still sheathed their swords backwards. Why can't Westerners get that right?

Anyway, the movie as a whole was quite good. It featured a lot of fun action and I really can't imagine anyone but Ron Perlman doing Hellboy. He's just so damn perfect. I really hope they make more of these.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Centurion said...

There were actually two animated movies made, but I don't know much about the second one off the top of my head. They are making more headway with Hellboy 2 though, and he's going to be fighting faeries!

Hope that helps ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home