Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Horrors of the Abyss

Comic book message boards are scary, scary places. I don't know if any of you out there in blogland ever frequent message boards, but I do on occasion. Before I discovered the reasoned, ass-kicking world of comic blogs I received most of my comic "discussion" from message boards. It was not a pretty time.

I do on occasion sidle back to see what is up on that end of the comic book world. Alas, I was not impressed by what I saw.

I was immediately struck by the following post topic: Should Guy Marry Wonder Woman? (With Poll!)

The "Guy" mentioned is of course Guy Gardner. Good luck with that, Message Board Poster!

Message boards also prove the following: if you bitch and moan and complain enough about Jericho not being in Teen Titans then Geoff Johns will bring him back to life just to shut your whiny, misspelling, non-capitalizing ass up.

That's while I'll stick with the blogs. Here I can say that I'm annoyed that Cassandra Cain has been turned into a one note villain and have people agree or disagree with me in a considerate fashion. (side note: 52 pissed me off this week by royally yanking my chain. "Daughter of Cain" my ass...)

So feel proud, my friends. Yes, we have different opinions. Yes, we are full of ourselves. But we have a reason to be. We know that "too" (as in also, in addition to) has two "O"s.

4 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yes, the Message Boards can be a very frightening place. On the other hand, Guy Gardner is a manly man, and Wonder Woman would be lucky to have him.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happily left the realm of the DC Comics message boards for comics blogging, and I've never regretted my decision.

Perhaps Wonder Woman should consider a younger man. In many ways, Dick Grayson would be the perfect mate for her. heh

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, now Superboy fans have taken up the whiny void left by bringing Jericho back. :P

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Centurion said...

I was twisted while roughly by the Cain/Kane slip too....i so miss 'normal' Cassandra...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home